Simplify Your SEO Business

save money, quality, time diceWell the results are in and it’s clear I’m not the only who’s struggled with time-management issues while running an SEO business online. Luckily, there are a ton of resources and tools to make our lives easier. I’m gonna share a few of the things that REALLY helped free up time and take my business to the next level.

Don’t worry, I’ll keep the recommend resource list light because the last thing I want to do is have you thinking you have to run out learn a bunch of new tools.

Here are some great ways to lighten your daily load:

Many important search engine optimization tasks can be done for us automatically using some handy tools. You can schedule them to run, report and email automatically, or run them manually when you need them to.

Common SEO tasks that can be automated:

Website AuditingRank TrackingTraffic ReportingLink PartnershipsCompetitor Tracking

SEO related items that can be automated to:

Lead Generation & NurturingEmail MarketingSocial Media Monitoring

Although I’ve never used them, I wanted to provide you with ONE tool that can automate the highest number of these tasks for you, and came up with HubSpot. They can run a bit on the expensive side, but do offer an all-in-one solution that could end up saving you substantially more time and money in the long-run. However, SEOmoz is a much more affordable alternative and possibly better overall solution for most SEOs. Otherwise you can check out some of the other SEO tools and resources I’m familiar with and recommend.

Even though the popularity of outsourcing is growing, I think many small business owners still struggle with the thought of doing it. Especially when it comes to SEO. I used to think there is no way I could outsource search engine optimization. because I definitely didn’t have time to be training anyone, and I didn’t feel comfortable they were going to keep mine and my clients’ websites out of trouble.

Although I think these are very legitimate concerns, here are some tasks that can be easily outsourced by transcribing your processes up front and passing them along as simple guidelines to follow.

Competitive ResearchLink BuildingWebsite OptimizationKeyword ResearchContent Creation / Blogging

SEO related tasks that can be easily outsourced too:

Brand ManagementTech SupportLead Generation and NurturingGraphic DesignWebsite DevelopmentVideo CreationSocial Media Marketing

Actually just about anything can be outsourced in today’s Internet age. When I finally learned to outsource projects it was the single best thing I could ever do for my business. The quality of my services actually improved because I wasn’t trying to “do-it-all” myself. Websites like oDesk have made it super easy for me.

I recommend starting with the items that are easiest to outsource first, then moving on to the ones you like the least. This will help you run a successful business that allows you to work on the things you love most.

What are some ways you’ve been able to simplify your business?

Free eBook: A Practical Guide to SEOFREE SEO eBook!

Download your copy of our FREE SEO Guide and also receive valuable blog updates via email.


Comments